International work permits OISC ILPA

UK Work Permit Information for Employees

A UK Work Permit is usually obtained by a company willing to sponsor a non-EU national. We can assist with the Work Permit process if you already have a UK employer that is prepared to make you a job offer. If you already have a job offer from a UK employer then please feel free to contact us for more information about gaining a UK Work Permit.

In some instances, the employer does not wish to go through the relevant channels in order to sponsor someone, however, we can assist them in this to make the transition as easy as possible. However, the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) was created whereby no prior job offer is required. You will need to be highly skilled (at least a UK equivalent Bachelors degree qualification) and should assess yourself to see if you have the minimum 75 points required to qualify for the HSMP visa (we can do this for you). Under HSMP, you have the option to work for any employee or even to be self employed.

If you are a national of a country belonging to the British Commonwealth, the Working Holiday Maker Scheme may allow you up to 2 years to live and work in the UK. The Working Holiday Visa, however, does not count towards UK Residency, whereas the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (UK HSMP Visa and Employer Sponsored UK Work Permit do count towards UK Residency.

Under an employer sponsored work permit, if you want to change jobs, a new work permit must be obtained through us and the prospective employer. This transfer process is much easier than your first application as long as the applicant still qualifies and the work permit is for a similar job [no advertising requirements in this instance].

Employers are sometimes reluctant due to not understanding the UK work permit system, so rather than accepting that they are not willing to employ non-EU nationals discuss the above options with them. If that fails do not panic, ask them to contact us – all enquiries are Free and by registered specialists!

Click here for a FREE, No-Obligation Assessment to see if you qualify and to initiate the application.